Do you have wrinkles or loose skin in the face and neck? Do you wish to restore your youthful appearance? Ask our plastic surgeon about a facelift. A facelift, which is also called a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that is used to reduce the signs of aging in the face and neck. Dr. Oliver P. Simmons may recommend a facelift in Lexington, South Carolina, to correct the following:
- Sagging in the middle of the face
- Deep creases beneath the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose that extend to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has disappeared or fallen
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face, which creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw that can give even a person of average weight a double chin
Many things can contribute to the loss of youthful contours in the face, including:
- Environmental conditions
In many cases, other procedures are used in conjunction with a facelift. A brow lift, which corrects a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery, which rejuvenates aging eyes, can assist a facelift in restoring the youthful appearance of the face.
We encourage you to contact Simmons Plastic Surgery today to learn more and to schedule a consultation.
*Results and patient experience may vary.