Also known as otoplasty, ear surgery can improve the shape, position, or proportion of the ears. Ear surgery can correct imperfections in the ear structure that have been present from birth that become apparent with development. Otoplasty can also treat ears that are misshapen because of a surgery. Otoplasty will create a natural ear shape and bring balance and proportion to your ears and face. When even the smallest ear imperfections are corrected, your appearance and self-esteem will be greatly benefited.
If you or your child have protruding or disfigured ears, Dr. Oliver P. Simmons may recommend ear surgery in Lexington, South Carolina. Otoplasty can treat:
- Overly large years – a rare condition called macrotia
- A protruding ear on one or both sides in varying degrees
- Adult displeasure with previous ear surgery
We will make sure that you understand everything that is involved with ear surgery and answer any questions that you may have. Our plastic surgeon may ask you to do the following to prepare for otoplasty:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Adjust your current medications or take certain medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements because they can increase bleeding
We invite you to contact Simmons Plastic Surgery today for more information and to schedule a consultation.
*Results and patient experience may vary.