Breasts that are overly large can cause health and emotional problems. Not only can overly large breasts cause self-image problems, you may experience physical pain and discomfort. If the breasts are too large, the weight can impair your ability to lead an active life. Breast reduction may be the right choice for you if you:
- Are healthy
- Have realistic expectations
- Don’t smoke
- Are self-conscious because you feel that your breasts are too large
- Have breasts that limit your physical activity
- Experience back, neck, and shoulder pain because of the weight of your breasts
- Have indentations in your shoulders because of bra straps
- Have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
If you would like to have a breast reduction in Lexington, South Carolina, you must first have a consultation with our plastic surgeon. During this appointment, your general health status will be evaluated. Your breasts will be examined, and measurements will be taken of their size and shape, skin quality, and the placement of the nipples and areolas. Dr. Oliver P. Simmons will ensure that you understand everything that is involved with your treatment.
During breast reduction, which is also known as reduction mammoplasty, Dr. Oliver P. Simmons will remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to make your breast size in proportion to your body. This procedure will also remove discomfort caused by overly large breasts.
Please contact Simmons Plastic Surgery today for more information and to schedule an appointment.
*Results and patient experience may vary.