Do you have wrinkles or loose skin in the face and neck? Do you wish to restore your youthful appearance? Ask our plastic surgeon about a facelift. A facelift, which is also called a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that is used to reduce the signs of aging in the face and neck. Dr. Oliver P. Simmons may recommend a facelift in Lexington, South Carolina, to correct the following:
- Sagging in the middle of the face
- Deep creases beneath the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose that extend to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has disappeared or fallen
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face, which creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw that can give even a person of average weight a double chin
Many things can contribute to the loss of youthful contours in the face, including:
- Environmental conditions
In many cases, other procedures are used in conjunction with a facelift. A brow lift, which corrects a sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery, which rejuvenates aging eyes, can assist in restoring the youthful appearance of the face.
We encourage you to contact Simmons Plastic Surgery today to learn more and to schedule a consultation.
*Results and patient experience may vary.