Eyelid surgery, which is also called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed to improve the appearance of the eyelids. This surgery can be performed on the upper lids, the lower lids, or both. Eyelid surgery can improve your appearance as well as correct functional problems with your eyelids. Dr. Oliver P. Simmons may recommend eyelid surgery in Lexington, South Carolina, to correct:
- Loose or sagging skin which creates folds or disturbs the contour of the upper eyelid. This sagging skin can sometimes impair vision.
- Excess fatty deposits which create a puffy appearance in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Fine wrinkles and excess skin in the lower eyelid
Our plastic surgeon may ask you to do the following to prepare for treatment:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Adjust your current medications or take certain medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements because they can increase bleeding
Make sure that you arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery. Someone should also stay with you for at least the first night after surgery.
Please contact Simmons Plastic Surgery today to learn more about eyelid surgery and to schedule an appointment.
*Results and patient experience may vary.